19 October 2007

a unexpected gift from China

Today a parcel arrived from San Diego. For a moment I thought it might be our Secret Pal...but once opened I discovered that a friend that I had met during our first adoption journey had sent us the most delightful hand painted glass balls on a pedestal from a recent trip to China. How kind of them to think of us...not just one for Piper, but one for Paisley too! I have never met Geoff, Sherry and their daughter Mei in person, but we have communicated on and off for the past two and a half years via this great big universe called the Internet. In fact it was Sherry who wrote out our questions in Mandarin for us to send to China in Piper's care package! Piper picked the butterfly one for herself and the Pandas for Paisley.



Thank You, you are so kind.

4 comments:

OziMum said...

Absolutely beautiful! Nothing nicer than surprises from a friend.

kitchu said...

My god those are beautiful! But you know, like you, I'm a butterfly kind of girl :O)

Carrie said...

thats so sweet!

Deb said...

What a sweet surprise!