13 December 2007

Four days left...


We have sold 55 iPod tickets, not quite the turnout we'd hoped for but still pretty darn good considering Christmas is 11 days away! I have four days left to sell as many as I can, hopefully we'll sell a few more before Tuesday because that is when we will draw the winner! This will be our last fundraiser. We have really had fun trying to raise the money for the orphanage donation fee and we are almost there. Hopefully with a bit of babysitting here and there over the next few months we will hit our target. We're still begging for NWA airmiles...if anyone has any...we have no pride when it comes to getting our daughter home. We are also working with our adoption agency to request an MRI for Paisley while she is still in China, we have offered to pay for the procedure because it is so vital to know what kind of professionals we need to have ready when she gets home, an MRI will give us some ideas as to whether we need to assemble a team of Neurosurgeons or Plastic Surgeons, or both. Thankfully, MRI's only cost a few hundred dollars in China...Mike & I gladly will give up any festive cheer to provide our daughter with the diagnostic tests she needs.

Even though China knows we are asking to be allowed to adopt Paisley, she is not officially our daughter until the day we sign the adoption papers. We have thought of her as 'ours' from the moment we saw her face, but the reality is, we are on borrowed time...and until that day when we can walk away from the provincial government offices in Nanchang with a little red book proclaiming her as ours, our faith is all that keeps us together as a family. For anyone who has ever had to endure the wait for the 'legal' part of an adoption, whether weeks, months or in some cases years...my heart goes out to you...it's not easy.

10pm we have only four tickets left! FOUR, so if they sell we might just be doing the drawing TOMORROW! That means whoever wins will have the ipod in time for Christmas

20 comments:

Joan said...

HI,
I have some miles in an account I don't use that I can send your way. Do you know how to do it? Do you have an account I can attach it to?

Fellow Adoptive Mom from Minnesota,
Joan

Stefanie said...

Oh Hayley, you are doing such an incredible job raising funds for your little peanut! I hope you sell ALL those tickets soon!
You're one awesome mama :)

Anonymous said...

What are we buying? I will buy a ticket.

dawn said...

I hear you about the wait and the uncertainty. I am willing to jump however high and bowl myself threw hoops for our daughter. I just want her home with us.

Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and close to my heart.

Noemi said...

Hello Hayley,

I found you via Verna the blogfairy. I just bought a ticket for the raffle. Hoping you bring her home soon!

Nichole said...

Verna sent me your way. What a beautiful little girl. Our twins are from Fuzhou, we stayed in Nanchang also. I hope you get to meet her in person soon!
Niki

Desiree' said...

Hi,

I just bought two tickets, wish it could be more but we are in the same boat. Good luck and will be praying for y'all.

Snowflowers Mum said...

Thank you so much everyone!!!

Patricia said...

Hey, Hayley! I just bought my ticket! If you do the drawing on the 18th...that's my mom's birthday! I'm feeling lucky! ;)

GREAT JOB in bringing Paisley HOME!!

Patricia/NYC

The Thomas Crew said...

Hi, you might get to draw tonight if you keep this pace up. Just bought my ticket. Hope you are holding your little one soon.
Leah

Snowflowers Mum said...

just a quick heads up...Leslie Corley I cannot get your email address to work, please contact me for your number.

Hayley

p.s. just leave a comment with your current email and I will email it to you (I wont post your email in the comments)

Leslie said...

Hi Hayley,

My email address lgcorley@insightbb.com.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Leslie said...

Haley,

Is it ok, that I added you to my blogroll? I've already done it, but can take it off if you don't want it on. Sorry I didn't ask first.

Just let me know.

Snowflowers Mum said...

no worries Leslie...but I can't get to your blog, can you email me the link!

Hayley

Stefanie said...

I have just LOVED watching that 'chip in' number go up and up!! It looks like only 4 tickets left?!?
SAWWWEEEEETTTTT :)

Leslie said...

Hayley,

My blog address is www.leslie-world.blogspot.com

Danielle also did a blog makeover for me, and my blog name is My Girls. That's how I found your site at first, and then again from Stephanie.

Debra said...

Hi Hayley,

Wow you really have done a great job selling the tickets. I was just wondering if you had sent out numbers. I had bought a few the other day and haven't gotten a number. Good luck with the last four!!

Anna B. said...

HAYLEY!!!

I got the last four tickets. SO happy for you guys! Now bring on that drawing!

Laura Nipper said...

I found your blog through Verna the blog fairy. I will buy a raffle ticket. How do I go about doing it?

Kim said...

Hayley,
We are also in the process of adopting a special needs child from China. Our agency is CCAI too! Not sure if you are familiar with myadoptionwebsite.com, but there is a place on the family page that you can advertise any of your adoption fundraising efforts. Thought this might be another way you could get the word out on your fundraising, even if it's too late for the i-pod. I look forward to following your journey to little Paisley!

Kim
myadoptionwebsite.com/simplysophie