13 March 2008

Despite poor Piper getting ill with fever, they've managed to pull off having a blast in Hong Kong- read below, from Hayley herself:

On Tuesday Mike headed to Shenzen Special Economic Zone (yes, thats what it's called!) for work. Piper & I headed over to the Hong Kong side of the Island for a day at Ocean Park, Hong Kong's answer to Sea World/crazy carnival-land!

Piper had a blast, it was fun...until we took a ride on what I call the 'gondolas of death' !!...I'm not awesome with heights, and the map was a wee bit deceptive...lets just say I faked it 'til we made it!



We missed the dolphin show but got to see the Pandas up close and personal...they were awesome, HUGE! They spent the entire time munching on bamboo shoots...as they do. My only complaint is that there was no natural light in the enclosure, I don't know why?? Seems sad.
You know what Piper liked the most...her Nemo balloon!...at a cost of a whopping $10 USD she'd better like it!!


The most fun part about the park for me was the Ferry trip across the harbor...at a mere 40c for a ticket it was the best value all day! Piper has dubbed the Star Ferry "Ferry Godmother Boat".

Later that day the bus dropped us off at a completely
different location than where we'd been picked up...hmmm, so that led to our first 'taxi ride'..again a thrilling experience to Piper! We met up with Mike for a late dinner...and headed to the hotel for some much needed rest... more to come :O)

4 comments:

Gail said...

What fun!! It is amazing what we can do when children are present. See, you are braver than you thought.
Gail
10 MORE DAYS!!

Tamara said...

Looks like a very fun day!

JMCS said...

How fun! That looks like a great place to visit. I am so excited to get up every day and check your blog. I especially love the picture of Piper in front of the panda, how adorable!

Hugs,
Jonni
:)

Patricia said...

WOW!! What a FUN filled day!!I;m with ya on those heights!