02 February 2010

"I ready go Chinese School"
I really wasn't sure if I was going to send Paisley to pre school this coming September...but as the registration day draws closer(2/8), I've begun to realize that she would benefit greatly by the social interaction. She has been painfully shy up until a few months ago but is beginning to bloom, for example she would never speak out in public, but in the past month or so she will chatter with us and sometimes with others when we are out and about. She is starting to ask if she can go to "school like Piper", and she seems to understand the concept of me taking her and picking her up afterwards. I know it's time, especially since we don't know many children Paisleys age, and at Piper's birthday a few weeks ago Paisley said "I want a my little pony party, with a my little pony balloon, a my little pony cake wiff three candles, and my little pony hats...and I need some friends"...at which point she looked up at me all forlorn and stated "but I no have any friends"...which made me realize that it's time.

6 comments:

Michele said...

Yup, it is definitely time. Her "I have no friends" statement makes me want to come there with Jammer so they could hang out together. He'll be her friend from afar.

J said...

Yep, it sounds like she is ready! She'll love it, as will you. Think of it: time to yourself!!!

kitchu said...

well she is CERTAINLY dressed for the part. it's a good decision.

and i want to pay you dress my kid. so wish i could see her in jeans, they just don't stay on!

Calico Sky said...

I am soooooo behind! Oh that sweet girl, I hope she has some friends soon!

Did you get the tights I sent? Must be a good 3-4 weeks ago now sent airmail!

Yoli said...

Yep, it's time. And she looks adorable.

JMCS said...

She's such a cutie-pie and we love Yo Gabba Gabba too! My girls are starting preschool in the Fall as well. Tell Paisley that she has lots of friends that love her very much! Sofia & Samantha told me that Paisley and Piper are two of their very best friends and they love to see all the fun things that they are doing on her blog and they Paisley four thumbs up for the cute outfits she wears!

Hugs,
Jonni