14 May 2008

The best show on EARTH!

Last night we left the girls with our favorite babysitter, and headed downtown to the Orpheum Theatre for what I can only describe as the best show I have EVER EVER EVER seen! Bret & Germaine AKA The Flight of the Conchords, a folk rock parody Duo(or two man band as they refer to themsleves) from Wellington New Zealand!

I laughed for two hours straight, and woke up smiling this morning!
It's not for everyone but their show on HBO is heading into it's second season this year...be sure to watch it if you like to laugh out loud. This was our EIGHTH Anniversary present to each other, and we almost didnt get tickets, they were sold out within fifteen minutes of going on sale! Mike & I had a quick dinner before the show and stopped by 'Solera' the tapas bar next to the theater for desert tapas and coffee prior to the show. Overall it was the best night out we have had in a long time.
I was slightly nervous at first to leave Paisley, but we trust our babysitter and know Paisley has been attaching beautifully so we were confident it would be fine...and it was!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

OMG-I LOVE these guys. We just cancelled our HBO, so I won't get to see the second season until it comes out on DVD(sob!). I am super jealous. I would love to see them live. I wonder if they'll be coming to CA.....

Carrie said...

I know after one month and two weeks Aaron and I finally went out a lone-it was nice to get out but I worried the whole time!

James Michael said...

I AM GLAD YOU HAD A FABULOUS NIGHT OUT. YOU GUYS DESERVE IT. I PROMISE I WILL CALL SOON

polkadot said...

Hey! I live in the Bay Area (Walnut Creek), and I think I'm going to try to catch this show! Thanks!

PS I have 2 kids from China, too!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Glad to hear you had such a great time out... can't say that I have heard of these guys... I guess I am missing something... take care

kitchu said...

treeeeees jealous!!!!

JMCS said...

So glad you guys had fun. John got me started on Flight of the Conchords and now I love it. So cool.

Hugs,
Jonni