10 May 2008

yeah, you'll change the world!
"Oh, please. Get a life. If you want to take offence, there's plenty to go around. Do something that matters. Set an example for your daughters and sons. Stop trying to be a victim and MOVE FORWARD!"
This was the only negative reply I got from posting this on my Yahoo adoption groups, I'm not going to play fisty-cuffs here, but seriously, these are the kind of people that expect others to change the world while they sit back...good for her, but this kind of 'tude doesn't fly in our house! We aren't victims, we are warriors, my girls aren't poster children for adoption causes but hopefully they will grow up understanding how important it is to stand up and speak out against all kinds of prejudice, regardless of the topic!
If not us then who?

8 comments:

Nancy said...

People like this really need to just disappear.
I have always been told Yahoo adoption groups are suppose to be supportive. If a person can't be supportive, they should NOT be in the group.
I think we ALL change the way in our own little ways. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Unknown said...

My goodness...who would say such a thing? AMEN - to you!

dawn said...

Well said!

kitchu said...

Did I mention my new love of the word jackhole, sine it leaves out the offending middle word that should be there?

Seriously. I SWEAR some people write that kind of crud for the SHEER pleasure of trying to get a rise out of you. Glad you're a warrior WITH armor :O)

Ignorance is not bliss.

Carrie said...

this is why I don't get on these adoption groups to much any more-sad really-

Patricia said...

RIGHT ON!!!

I do believe THIS person who wrote this reply needs to get a life before the media creates one for him/her. Ya gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Maia said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this IS an important issue. Media affects how adults think. If adults have this sort of attitude toward adoption, then so will their children. Those same children are going to say potentially hurtful and confusing things to OUR children in the school systems and on the playground. So yes, it matters. It's a question of education.

Maureen said...

Bravo to you. I wrote NBC, Teleflora and a few others a nasty-gram too. How could we and our children not be offended? I will always express my opinion and stand up for what I believe in...glad I'm not alone in that!

And if it's alright with the prior-poster -- I'm incorporating "jackhole" into my vocabulary today. Could it be more perfect??