09 June 2008

Eight in '08


yes that's right folks, eight years ago today we were married...aaah, and yet it seems like a million years ago.

Last year we featured a montage of our wedding pictures, but in fact our wedding was seven years ago (2001), and we have been married eight years (2000)...that's right we eloped after knowing each other only 10 months! What fresh young spirits we were back then, full of hope...
we ran off together to Asheville, NC and got hitched at City Hall!
there's so much more to this story, but perhaps another time! Lets just say it involves immigration lawyers, chocolate martinis, bomb sqauds and more...a Lifetime made for television movie if ever there was one!
Happy Anniversary to my best friend and husband, the best is yet to come!

16 comments:

Melanie said...

You can't leave us hanging - tell us the story! I love you guys - congratulations on your anniversary!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on 8 years! Your family has now doubled in size (minus the doggie) - what will another 8 hold??

Deb said...

Happy 8th Anniversary to you both! Can wait to hear the rest of the story! :)

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!

kitchu said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Now I know why no one answered the phone when I called tonight- hope you are out celebrating!

xoxo

Patricia said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Hope the next 80 hold enourmous amounts of happiness for all of you!

By the way....I don't like cliffhangers!! Spill, girl, spill! lol!

insanemommy said...

I want all the details.... See how I am?! Happy Anniversary and many more!

Juliette said...

A little bit late: hope you had a fantastic Anniversary! Congratulations on 8 beautiful years and many more to come.

Nicole said...

What a beautiful picture! Ah, young love! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
:-)
-Nicole

Carrie said...

Congrats-now you have to tell us your story! yes it will be great!

J said...

Congratulations! We eloped too.

The Oetjen Crew said...

Happy Anniversary! I went back to the 7th anniversary and love the wedding montage :)

Miss you all!
Dawn and the gang

Mick said...

Loved your comment on Zoe's blog about "ferberizing". You hit it right on the head and I have too many opinions about it... I think most would not appreciate them.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Congrats on 8 years... I am better late then never...

Yoli said...

Oh you impetous young things! Lovely picture! I will be married 5years this year. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary.

Please do not keep me in suspence. Do tell of your wild escapade!

Calico Sky said...

Think I can elope after knowing someone for 1 month??

Happy Belated Anniversary!