14 June 2008


Tim Russert
1950 - 2008
I am so sad. Tim Russert was a secret 'crush' for the past 17 years! He was high up on my list of awesome people...yep, waaay up there with Jon Stewart and Ed Norton (dont hate me for loving the bookish guys! Clooney & Pitt are pretty to look at but these guys are so smart they make me weak at the knees).
I loved watching Meet the Press on Sunday mornings, I loved his enthusiasm and obvious passion for politics. I remember Mike calling me from the airport a few years ago to tell me Tim Russert was there, I was giddy.
The saddest thing is that Tim leaves behind his wife and son and his Dad
Big Russ'. such a sad day for everyone.

9 comments:

kitchu said...

SHITE! I didn't even know... damn it. I LOVE him. LOVE.

What a huge, huge loss...

epin said...

So very sad. He was a great man, and election year will not be the same without him. Rest in peace, Tim.

Missy said...

My husband and I are crushed by his death. He was such an honest and kind political commentator. Such a great loss :(

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a man from the news. I was a Peter Jennings fan. And I love Charlie Rose. Everyone here in Buffalo is sad.

Carrie said...

Sad to see him go-it was a shocker!He always made me think and expand my mind about the government how it is run and it won't be the same without him.

Patricia said...

I was shocked when I saw the headlines this morning...so sad...he will be missed by so many.
My prayers go out to his entire family.

Stephanie said...

I just loved Tim too. Sunday mornings will be different. :(

Yoli said...

I know, it was so heartbreaking for a lot of people. For those near and dear and for those that watched him and came to love him as a friend.

Calico Sky said...

I'm laughing and crying at the same time. Laughing about how similar we art, he too was my secret crush along with Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, Walter...crying because I miss him already!

Meet the Press was a Sunday morning ritual for me, with the international papers and a strong coffee!