23 June 2010

sistersit doesn't get more real than this
sure they squabble over toys and are polar opposites in most things...but they will always be the very best of friends and the very best sisters. I always get a bit peeved when someone asks me if they are 'real' sisters, to which I always reply 'of course'...I know what people want to know, are they biological sisters...well, no, but biology is the least of what makes you a family. The girls know they are not 'biological sisters' they know they have their own set of birthparents...we talk about it all the time. Piper is particularly intrigued that Paisley's birthparents are probably taller than hers because her sister is fast creeping up on her in the height department. We talk of these things, it's not tabu, or hidden, or hushed. It's what made our family what it is...who we are...and we cherish the fact that the girls know as much as they can and at an early age.

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Word!

And I am so darn sick of the intrusive questions AND sickened by certain people who think they can come up to my child, squeeze her cheeks & give her a kiss?!?!? WHAT??? And I don't even KNOW you???!!!
sigh...yep, that's what happens on the playgrounds of Manhattan...sigh...OK, I;m done...sorry for the rant!

kitchu said...

ditto word!

i had a fellow nurse say to me (just after E had come for a visit at my hospital on Saturday)... "just wait until you have kids of your own"...


???

some are just "made in stupid".

Michelle said...

This is just wonderful, Hayley. Your daughters are the bomb. Beautiful.

Maia said...

So beautiful, the two of them together. Makes me dream of a sister. So much for sibling rivalry!

Michele said...

I've alays believed that biology does not make a family and I pity the first person that asks me a dumb question like that.