11 December 2008

HOW TO LOSE $500 IN 4 SECONDS
Back over your super duper awesome Mountain Buggy Terrain stroller like I did this morning. Perhaps I didn't have enough coffee? Or the cold was getting to me, but I had just started using it again because of how wonderful it is in the snow. I pop Paisley in it to pick up Piper at preschool, and today for some reason after putting the girls in the car I 'forgot' that I hadn't put the stroller in the back of the 'Subie', so I proceeded to back up the car until I felt a thud....uh oh. Some days are just like that I guess. Maybe it can be repaired? I don't know, perhaps a good bike shop will know how to do it? It has a very sturdy aluminum frame, and not too many bits and bobs, so it only needs to be straightened and then a new axle pin and one new wheel....oh dear, I think maybe the stroller is toast! BUGGER.
This is really a super bummer, I love this stroller, and it was like new because it only gets used in the snow. Can you tell, I'm really really really bummed.
I called the distributor in Colorado, and they said it might be repairable but we need to take it to an auto repair shop to have it bent so that it can be shipped. A new frame is $300! plus the new wheel(one is cracked), plus shipping! ugh!
One thing I can tell you....these strollers are AMAZING! especially in snow/sand/dirt etc...made in New Zealand..built tough...just not tough enough to withstand a Subaru backing over it!...still, can you imagine what a Graco would look like!

8 comments:

OziMum said...

Oh no!!! Those prams are sooo expensive!
(I love that you said bugger! that's my fav. word!!!)

Deb said...

oh ouch! what a bummer!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

So sorry, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Oh no Mr. Bill!

bytheriver said...

Yikes! You may need a coffee infusion! Too bad about that stroller - it really looks like a nice one.

Yoli said...

That is terrible I am sorry. I feel worse for my kids...LOL. I seldom put them in strollers, no matter how much they scream or holler how tired they are. I think I have the shovel vs. Snowblower mentality.

Jill said...

Hailey.....you paid HOW much for a stroller????
My lands woman!!!
So sorry to hear the awful news!
OUCH!

James Michael said...

Oh no..so sorry to hear that. I think you need more coffee. I feel like I'd forget my pants in the morning if it weren't so cold...ugh