09 December 2008

SNOW + PIPER = SNOWANGELS!

It snowed yesterday, and all Piper wanted to do was make snowangels...she talked about it from the moment she woke in the morning, all through breakfast and was still chattering as we left to run errands. By noon she was pretty much keyed up and begged me for "just five or maybe nine minutes in the snow?"...I popped Paisley in bed and bundled up Piper and out we went!

I'm figuring she made a Soccer teams worth of Snowangels and about a dozen snowballs, the latter which were promptly thrown at her mother?....where on earth did she learn that snowballs should be hurled at your Mum??? Thirty minutes later, she was tucked inside, hands warming around a nice hot chocolate with a side of gingerbread cookies!

I'm one who is less enthusiastic about winter in Minnesota, but when I see how much my girls enjoy the white fluffy stuff....it kind of makes it okay.

8 comments:

Mamacita said...

My hot-blooded southern China girl loves her snow! She has actually asked for a snowflake themed birthday party this year!

mam said...

Oh, boy, do I ever NOT miss my childhoods in Wisconsin! Rain suits me quite nicely, out here in the pacific NW. On the other hand...no adorable snow angel pictures for us! Very sweet.

Yoli said...

Who could not LOVE snow?!!! Just look at the lovely snow angels that your sweet baby made! My Northern girl has not seen snow since leaving China. She does not even remember what it is.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. She will be able to do that for months to come!

Deb said...

Sophie loves this winder wonderland too~! 'I like it in Dec.....but it could leave in January! :)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

This is SO incredibly cute... have a great xmas and thank you for the christmas card... hugs to you all...

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aussiefliss/

Click onto my Flickr site and then onto the NZ folder... thought you may like a look... some old NZ slides that I got converted that my Grandfather took many moons ago...

You don't have to publish this one... take care

Alyson and Ford said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!
I miss playing in the snow (but don't miss the cold!!).

Happy New Year!
Alyzabeth's Mommy of 15 Weeks
LID 01/27/06