02 December 2008

SPLITTING CHRISTMAS

This year we have decided to spend Christmas in Colorado. Paisley has been home nine months and even though we'd just love to hunker down and celebrate at home with our little family of four, we have decided that it is indeed time to take the plunge and drive across the country to spend the holidays with Mike's family in the Rockies! I'm torn whether to spend the time decorating the house, since we will leave a week before Christmas, and will be back around New Years...but I want to stay 'festive'. At the moment, all we have is a wreath at the door and a Santa on the mantelpiece! Sad huh! I know Nana & Papa will pull out all the stops at their house, their tree is always a wonder. I think it will be amazing for the girls, to spend the holidays with their cousins, aunties and uncle, Nana, Papa and Great Grandma, snuggled around the Wii (I mean fireplace) on Christmas Eve, drinking hot chocolates and eating cookies! Today I pulled out the stockings so that we can take them with us. Guess who else will be stowing away? 'Jingle' of course, he must must must come along, after all, he's still on duty the week before Christmas! Now all I have to do is figure out which gifts to open here before travelling, and which to take with us...and of course, there's always the task of sending Santa a 'change of address' just in case he comes here instead of there...

6 comments:

Mamacita said...

Yay! How long will you be here?

Anonymous said...

You rock. I am glad you are going. I wonder what is worse- your drive or our flights.

mama d said...

Huzzah for holiday travel!

Why not celebrate St. Nicholas Day at home with all your presents for the kids and Christmas there with all the relatives' presents for them?

Jenny F. said...

How exciting! Too bad we will just miss each other, we leave on the 1st for our big move! 30 hours, 2 kids AND the dog, good times....

Yoli said...

You are going to have fun girl!!! Are you going to see Maia too?

Diane said...

I think you'll have a blast. SUre it's a long trip but it will be worth it (hopefully!)

PS thanks for the advice on the chalkboard. I ended walking into PBK and there the damn thing was so I bought it!