09 February 2008


I would rather poke my eyes out with a blunt spoon!
I'm not kidding...that's how much I detest the giant superstore that is 'Babie*s r us'! As we pulled into the parking lot, Mike sighed a sigh reserved only for fathers...a sigh that speaks volumes..."lets get in, grab the stuff we need and get the heck out of that hellhole!"..."ten 4 rubber ducky!"
The parking lot is filled with expectant parents and grandparents, soaked in unnatural amounts of 'breeder' hormones...Mike's hilarious, he makes fun of the people who look like their brains will explode if they dont get the matching pack n play AND swing...I mean they sky is sure to fall if the child still in utero has mismatched baby accoutrements! We had to go to buy the BPA free bottles we need for Paisley....and to pick up a few other bits and pieces...ugh...that place is madness...madness I say!
Thankfully we survived. I hope we never have to return!

12 comments:

Maia said...

For a second I read that as "Barbie*s 'r'Us" and I about choked...But I totally feel ya - that place makes me dizzy. I walked in there once and my eyes crossed - I came out with some baby latches and nothing else...couldn't wrap my mind around it.

insanemommy said...

I too hate that store! Really hate it.....

Chelley said...

hehe so just got to laugh!!!

Two Kayaks said...

I feel the same way. I actually break out into hives and start to scratch myself wildly...okay, maybe not that extreme, but pretty close!

Carrie said...

oh I needed that I have ben sick since thursday-in bed sick so this makes my day! hahahhahahaha!

OziMum said...

Internet shopping is my best friend!

OH MY #6 said...

too funny. Great post.

Lea

Tamara said...

I've been in one once. I don't actually understand why we need so many choices for some stuff. I get overwhelmed and cannot choose anything.

p.s. Your Paisley as drummer baby pic makes me grin every time I see it!

Kristy said...

You two are too funny!!!! Paisley is just beautiful and I can't wait to watch your jouney of bringing her home!!!

Alana said...

..and then theres me. I want to go to BRU. I need a referral so I can have a reason to go. Today I am anticipating never going to BRU ever again in this lifetime.

Deb said...

Too funny about Babies R Us!

BTW, did you guys make it to the FCC CNY celebration? We were sick at our house over the weekend and Sophie and I still are home today! Hopefully, back to school and work tomorrow!

"M2" said...

what freaks me out is going into that place and having no clue as to what the stuff is for.
See, the bottles you went in for..........what are they and how do you know you need them.......
this is my problem.

I just wish someone would make me a list and then go buy it for me.