03 February 2008



stay warm my sweet

I was reluctant to mention the crisis in China at the moment, but I just cannot get it out of my head. The worst weather in over half a century is pummeling China and Jiangxi is being hit HARD!
I am really worried about Paisley and all of the other children in her SWI, and all the SWI's in China! Many of the coal deliveries have been cancelled and without coal, the orphanages cannot heat the rooms, which means...hundreds of thousands of small babies, children and the elderly are without one of life's basic necessities...a warm home, and quite possibly without food as many roads and railways are at a standstill and have been for a week or so!
This photo is not of Jiangxi, but of Shaoguan in Guangdong...Piper is from Shoaguan, it is not a region that is used to harsh weather, lets just say it's the Arizona of China...so snow like this is not just rare, but deadly!
Please take a moment to consider a small donation to 'HALF THE SKY'
who are trying desperately to ease the burden during this disaster and make sure life saving supplies will make it through to those who need it! Please donate to the Little Mouse Emergency fund if you can..and if you have a spare moment and the inclination, say a prayer for Paisley.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks Hayley for posting- I am trying on my site too! We will say Prayers for your little as well!

kitchu said...

I have been thinking of her too Hayley... I donated to the little mouse emergency fund yesterday. I hope even a little goes a long way for them...

OziMum said...

Definitely saying a prayer for Paisley... along with our little one! I was thinking about all those families about to receive their referrals... I think it would be worse, having a face to look at - and worry if she's warm. I pray that Paisley's guardian angels that matched you with Paisley, will wrap her up, warm and snug.

tiffany said...

I hope she is warm and snuggled in for the storm. I remember my big worry while waiting to travel for Sophie was that she was hungry and how wonderful it was to meet that big healthy baby. :) The unknowns are so hard. I hope you have her home safe and sound soon.

James Michael said...

I am praying for Paisley. I cannot imagine how you are feeling. I am thinking of you. I had no idea this was going on in China...I guess I have to keep up on my news. Sending my prayers her way and to all the other children as well.