23 July 2008

100 WISHES QUILT

this is Piper's....I have to get Paisley's done...I am dreading it. I have to find a quilter...and I'm on an extremely tight budget. Piper's was really a labor of love, and took over a year to finish because I initially gave the quilt to someone to sew who decided it was too ugly for her liking and sent it back to me half sewn, with lots of problems(she teaches quilting, but I guess it was below her to finish it). I ended up taking it to a different quilt store and the owner felt sorry for me and unpicked, fixed and finished the quilt for us. We then waited about 8 months for her daughter to machine quilt the back, which was worth it because it is AMAZING! This time, I just want it to be simple, one quilter to sew and do the longarm work. It's probably the most simple design I have ever seen, so it's probably pretty easy. The only different thing, is that the back is done in 'minky', a little twist but particularly nice on cold Minnesota nights.

Know anyone?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that quilt. It looks great. I have one to finish.

tiffany said...

That quilt is beautiful! I admire you for even getting to Paisleys. Sophie has one but Bella and Levi may never have quilts. I dont know. Sophies was super simple, I just sewed the squares together, put in a layer of batting and a back side and then hand tied it with yarn instead of quilting it. I am a do it yourselfer so its rough but done and cute in a kitchy way. :)

The Carew Family said...

I came to your site from another one, from a friend's adoption waiting site...anyway...Our church has a group of ladies that meet on Tuesdays for quiliting. Maybe you could look into that at your own church or ask friends if they know of anything like that in your area.

a Tonggu Momma said...

That sounds like a nightmare (having the first quilt sewn, I mean)! I'm so sorry that happened. But it looks gorgeous now! I still have to gather the last of our squares together...

Melanie said...

Hey, I used Pam Smith from originalquilts.com to do Maggie's. She is also going to do Ethan's quilt - she is really reasonably priced.

Alyson and Ford said...

Beautiful! Don't you love this tradition?

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Calico Sky said...

My goodness, what a labor of love!!! I don't think I'd ever have the patience!!!

JMCS said...

Great job, Poper's quilt is beautiful. I am so glad it all worked out. What a horrendous thing for that idiot person to say. The quilt is gorgeous and obviously she could not get it done.

Thanks to you I was able so save my quilt from "a quilter gone bad".

I can check with the friend who did mine. I think it was around $250 and she did an incredible job. Let me know if you are interested and I will contact her.

I am collecting squares for Samantha's quilt and just want to get the dang things collected too. Would you like to trade squares? Let em know.

Hugs,
Jonni