11 August 2008

LONG WAY ROUND
We just finished watching 'Long Way Round' the documentary-ish show about Ewan McGregor and his buddy Charley trekking around the globe from London to New york (via Eastern Europe, Russia, Mongolia and the States) on a couple of touring bikes. WOW! I absolutely loved every minute of it and am excited to watch the new adventure 'Long Way Down' where the wiley lads trek from the tippy top of Scotland all the way down through Africa, Egypt, the Sudan and to Capetown in South Africa! If you are looking for a great DVD to watch, this is it! I love Ewan, he seems so 'real' and 'honest', probably 'cause he's a good Scottish lad eh! I have a 'thing' for Scotland, my Mum's family has Scottish ties, and I spent a wonderful Hogmanay up there in a castle when I was a young lass.
Did you ever notice, both our girls names are decidedly Scots?
Piper & Paisley - AHA!
Well...that's it for now, just wanted to share with my meagre readers the pleasures of watching two lads on motorbikes roughing it in the wilderness...oh, I have to say the scenery and filming in Mongolia and Russia was astounding...the 'Road of Bones' in Eastern Russia is just so....well, it left me pretty speechless.
Watch a snipit here
If you watch the entire series, you will see the boys visit an orphanage in Mongolia, Ewan was so touched by a little two year old girl there that he and his wife adopted her soon after. Another thing I like about this chap, is he isn't all Hollywood...he just seems like a nice down to earth guy.

7 comments:

Mamacita said...

Thanks for the great tip! I'll see if they have these on Netflix. I love Ewan!

Lee said...

I would watch Ewan McGregor hang laundry, so this just sounds like an added bonus. Thanks for the tip...

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I will have to check this out... I do like Ewan... eye candy among a down to earth chap... I too have family from Scotland - from Aberdeen area and some are still living there... take care

Patricia said...

Did I ever mention that Ewan used to live in my building?

Unknown said...

I watched some the snipits and now want to watch the series! Thanks for posting about this, as I probably never would have heard of it. Love the Scots too, Aye....named our son Keagan...and I love the names Piper and Paisley. :) mimi

Calico Sky said...

WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching this LAST NIGHT!!!!

I also highly recommend watching their new documentary, Long Way Down which is Scotland to South Africa.

There is a wierd connection between us Hayles!

Sam said...

Ooooo...Can't wait to see it!!! Thanks!

Sam
Mom of 2 with Scottish names too
(Cullen & Kieren)