25 November 2008

This is the BEST thing EVER! A friend told us about the 'elf on the shelf' the other day. We've been having some serious Sassy McTalkbackerson issues of late, and the average distraction, dissuasion and other reasonings du jour just haven't been doing the trick...so who happened to arrive on our TV cabinet this afternoon, straight from the North Pole? Well, it's our own personal Elf...sent by the man in RED himself! The thing about our Elf is that he appears magically around Thanksgiving and reports back to Santa each night, so whatever happens in our house does not stay in our house(this ain't Vegas people!). Well, as part of our job, we had to name the Elf...it took Piper a nano-second to decide on 'Jingle' which is appropriate for an elf...especially since he has a bell on his cap! So guess whose behaviour was STELLAR today? Correctomundo people...Miss Piper was an angel...she napped, she used her manners, she basically 'flounced' her 'goodiness' in front of Jingle to prove she is worthy of Santa's favor. Jingle came with a book explaining how his magic works...one very important thing, children absolutely cannot touch him, or it might take his magic away...so we have to be very very careful. The other cool thing, is every morning after the flight down from the North Pole...Jingle finds a comfy spot somewhere in the house from where he will survey the days good deeds and pleasant manners.

GENIUS!

16 comments:

Patricia said...

We DEFINITELY need an Elf on our shelf!! LOVE this!

Deb said...

Yea...you got the Elf too! We are having a ball with "Elfie"! :) Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

insanemommy said...

I need an elf. For sweet thing! lol.

Elaine said...

Wow. That is a great idea. Not unlike the Kitchen God who will report your deeds back to the Jade Emperor. I need to find a Jingle for our house!

Barbara said...

Excellent! I love Santa's little snitch. My kids have never been into Santa since my oldest just about had an anxiety attack over the possibility of some STRANGER coming into her house while she was sleeping. Sheesh.

Debra said...

I LOVE this idea!! Where did you get the book to go along with him?

Anonymous said...

He knows when you've been good or bad...

Cavatica said...

Parenting is such a manipulative activity! LOVE IT!

Lee said...

Hey, I actually have one of those green felt elf ornaments from the 60s I could use. Love it!!!

We're going to write a letter to Santa tonight, so this is great timing. Thanks!

Jenny F. said...

gotta get me an elf!!!!

Kristy said...

I am normally a lurker, but I have to say, BRAVO - this is a stroke of PURE GENIUS on someone's part and I totally plan to steal it!!!

Kristy

Lost and Found said...

I need a Jewish equivalent. SWEET

Yoli said...

I need my Elf.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Where did you get this???? This is one I need to stick away in the closet to use for the future... hehehehe... you are truly evil... love it...

Carrie said...

that is so cool!

J said...

We have it too! This is his third year in our house. B still believes it's real, but it doesn't make him behave anymore.