03 November 2008

LAYOFFS
As a victim of the current economic situation, the company that Mike works for had a workforce reduction today. About 10% of the company lost their jobs. Luckily, Mike kept his but he is deeply troubled and under a lot of stress due to those around him that were notified today that they were no longer employed. What this means for Mike is still uncertain, but he is probably looking at a doubled workload if not more. Our thoughts and prayers are with all the families who are affected by this layoff.
Mike' group of 14 people lost 6...so the odds were not in his favor. This week is reorganization week...for whatever that means?

9 comments:

Lee said...

I'm having survivor guilt. It's just awful here today, completely awful...

Maia said...

I hear you. Mike still has his job too, but nothing is safe in the world we find ourselves in. I see the shockwaves every day. It's stressful, stressful, stressful. Particularly when you're dependent on health insurance for a child who needs multiple surgeries.

Patricia said...

Hayley, I'm so sorry for the many families affected by this. Not fun & it especially hits hard at this time of year. You all are in my prayers!

Frank's company is in shake-up mode too, & many lost their jobs as well this weekend.

I'm afraid this is just the beginning for so many...this election can't come FAST enough!!

Yoli said...

That is just horrible. I am sorry Hayley, it must hurt your husband so much to see these families without a job around the holidays. Criminal.

tiffany said...

Oh ugh. I just hate all this. And at holiday time too. Not that any time would be good. I hope things get better all around and soon.

Anonymous said...

This is scary. I hope things work out for you guys.

insanemommy said...

Oh. G-d. I know how that feels. We've been there. Nothing worse than wondering if you're next and if so when...I hope Mike is spared and they are able to regroup. Hugs girly.

kmmm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JMCS said...

I am so sorry to hear of the layoffs at Mike's job. I am so glad that he is okay, but I can imagine how much it sucks to see his co-workers let go. Hope things work out okay with everything.

hugs,
Jonni