17 November 2008

oh la la...it's Fancy Nancy!
and while I'm on the topic of books...here is one of Piper's favorite! Fancy Nancy! Of course she also loves Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy, and Bonjour Butterfly...need I say more! We truly love these sweet books, so much in fact that it will be the 'theme' of Piper's fourth birthday party in January...oooh la la, I can just see all the little girls a-glitter with hairbows and all things exquisite(thats a fancy word for fancy). I was also tempted by the illustrator, and picked up this little book for Christmas...just because, well...all girls should aspire to Tea with the Queen! Tea for Ruby is written by Sarah Ferguson, and I guess she knows a little bit about the subject! Can you tell that one Snowflower is beginning to like things pink and frilly...well, maybe not frilly, more Punky Brewster meets Pippi Longstockings but hey, I think that's a rocking combination!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Definitely an inspired combination! I have a picture of Syd on our blog where she pairs some stunning "ruby slippers" with a Lightning McQueen tee.

Patricia said...

These top the list of faves at our house as well!! There's a new "Nancy" too..."Fancy Together" or something like that...my brain is discombobulated right now...& that's my fancy word for losin' it! ;)

Mamacita said...

Lina loves Fancy Nancy too, and her grandma is named Nancy and has red hair and loves her bling, so we draw our own conclusions about Fancy Nancy's origens!

Yoli said...

Ha! I love it. I just finished being broke from buying so many books for the little ones. I have not heard of Fancy Nancy, she sounds someone worth investigating.

Snowflowers Mum said...

Yoli, Fancy Nancy is also available in Spanish!

Snowflowers Mum said...

Deb, Charlie is Piper's nicname, has been since we met her! This irks her somewhat because she would prefer 'Lola' but honestly, most kids in the UK get called 'Charlie' as a general nicname anyway, so I guess it stuck..and I've used it ever since!

James Michael said...

I am so Jealous. Today we were at target and Charlotte picked up all the birthday stuff for a Fancy Nancy Party. I had to gently remind her she wanted a Belle party (yuck) just so there were no problems if she changed her mind. Of course she the saw the Belle stuff and put the Fancy Nancy stuff down:( I was so sad. I thought I had maybe avoided Belle. She LOVES Fancy Nancy, named a doll Fancy Nancy and we read of of her books every night. But, Belle still won. I want to come to Piper's Party..and I want to dress like Fancy Nancy!

Ivy Shaffer said...

Hello from NJ,
Just stopping by to say hello. What a lovely family and beautiful blog you have.

Thanks for sharing.

Too cute!

Ivy