24 May 2007


100 WISHES QUILT...PLEA FOR FABRIC!

Now I know we posted about this not so long ago, but I am getting a little bit desperate. I have had some lovely squares and wishes come in from our CCAI adoption groups which is lovely. But...we are nowhere near reaching the 100 wishes we need for a quilt for our next child.

I don't want to whine, but we really see this quilt as a gift to our new child, something that they can grow up saying "hey, a bunch of my family and friends got together and wished me a happy life", something that will be especially poignant to a child who will never know her true background, and needs to feel welcomed into her new life and family with warmth and well wishes.

I can tell you that Piper loves her quilt, and can tell me who sent which square, Grandad Pete in New Zealand sent Pukeko bird fabric, Nana Rosemary sent Buzzy Bees, The Fitzgerald's in New York sent Winnie the Pooh, Great Auntie Julie who make hats for fancy people who attend galas and the Melbourne Cup in Australia sent hat fabric, Mummy's friend Tara sent horse fabric, which is easy to remember because Tara is a world class equestrian rider/person/showjumpey lady. It's one big beautiful story!

Please consider sending in a squish and most importantly a wish for this baby. For with out the wish it is merely a piece of fabric, with the wish it is a gift of love.

Instructions:
Send one 8x8 inch square of 100% cotton fabric, no flannel or heavy fabrics please, just good old fashioned cotton. If you dont have a rotary cutter (I'm sure a lot dont) please send a 10 x 10 piece or a fat quarter or 1/4 yard of fabric along with a note/wish. Thats all it takes. Easy peasy!

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

Do you still need fabric/squares? I'd love to contribute.

Can you tell I'm a reading through the archives?