22 February 2009

Where Narnian's and Hobbits'es and I call HOME
On Friday night Mike & I watched the second movie in the Narnia series, Prince Caspian...and one scene in particular made me yearn for a little bit of my very own Narnia. The next time we make it to New Zealand we will be hoofin' it down to Hahei and to Cathedral Cove for a week of magical Narnia-ness. I'm glad they filmed the movie in New Zealand...but boy it does make me ache for home.

Narnia's porthole is only accessible by an hour long hike or by kayak....none of the bus'n'snap crowd at all! The water is clear and clean, and the town is void of 'touristy' crap and t-shirt shops...in fact, on the road in you can stop and pick up locally farmed veges and fruit from a roadside stand with an old ice cream container 'honesty box'!

I wonder if C.S.Lewis himself could ever have thought of a better place for the Narnian's to live? I think J.R.R Tolkien would probably have been quite content knowing all his Hobbits'es were happily residing down under in Godszone.

Pretty soon...the girls will have citizenship to New Zealand, I'm glad they will be in such good company!

5 comments:

Mei Mei Journal said...

You have two very lucky girls! If I understand correctley NZ citizenship is hard to come by. I know you are truly the "lucky" ones, though :-)
April

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean by yearning for home... I am yearning for home in the biggest way... when do you hope to get there?

Anonymous said...

I guess I need to see the second movie then.

Calico Sky said...

You just never know what doors citizenship will open, now or in the future :0)

((hugs))

Poppy and Peony

Mamacita said...

That place would totally be worth the hike. That just went on my Travel List.