07 February 2009

weekend update SNL style
Yesterday I had a Doctors appointment and the Snowflowers came along. The fifteen minutes in the waiting room turned into a skit from Saturday Night Live for some reason, with Piper sitting down to a copy of 'Highlights' magazine, making a fuss and tossing it down on the table and saying

"Mummy, I actually need something more serious to read"

which got a few smirks from the fellow waiters, what put the icing on the cake was when she turned to the lady behind the desk and asked

"do you have any SCIENCE magazines?"

HELLO people...SCIENCE? I have absolutely no idea where she got this from...and as much as I loved science um, lets just say we don't get any periodicals beyond Esquire and Car & Driver!

Meanwhile, Paisley is pointing at the magazine rack saying 'oBama, oBama' pointing at a picture of our commander & chief
(still feels good to say that) when the older lady at the counter leans over to me and says

"what language is she speaking, is it English or is it from...you know where she is from"....

and here's my SNL moment....

"She said Obama, she's looking at the magazine with his picture on it, so I guess if you are asking what language she is speaking I would say....she is speaking the language of HOPE"

now...I'm not usually THAT quick, but honestly, she handed that one to me on a silver platter.

I did get applause, which is surprising since we live in a pretty Republican area... but I guess it's about timing.

7 comments:

bytheriver said...

Good job there Haley! :)


What a crackup Science Magazine.


You and Mike sure have your hands full.

Rhonda said...

Have I ever told you that you freaking rock?

Jodi and Dennis said...

Yay You!

Carrie said...

LOL

Patricia said...

LOVE IT!!!

Mamacita said...

Righteous!!!!

Cavatica said...

I can't believe that woman said that! Great response!!!