24 February 2009

PICK A PACK OF PRETTY PEPPA'S

Today I ordered a pack of Peppa Pig knickers from the UK. I couldn't resist these as they are so sweet and since they will be Paisley's first undies I wanted something special! That's right...Miss Paisley will be trying out undies in the Spring as she has been consistently peeing and pooing on the potty for quite some time! I had rather a tough time finding them, because Paisley's wee bum is about as tiny as they come, and underpants in the USA start at age 2/3T which is what Piper is still wearing! My solution is to buy undies online, or to bribe friends in England to send me pack of Marks & Spencer's wonderful knickers(they have them in 18 month sizes)!

Piper was in undies at 16 months during the day and at night by 18 months. It's taken Paisley a little longer which is just fine, as I believe they let you know when they are ready....and Paisley LETS ME KNOW! She comes up to me and says "Mum-Meee...I need go poo" or "Pee on poddy Mum-Mee"....awwwww, the kid is MAGNIFICENT! I'm so proud! We go through about 1-2 g-diaper liners a day, just with little 'squizzles' here and there, so I think she is ready....we just have to wait for nicer weather...I'm thinking May...I'm hoping May, lets put it that way! I do love the way Paisley tells me she needs to go...she puts her own "poddy seat" up on the big potty, all I need to do is pop her on there...oh...and she wont be COMPLETELY potty trained for some time, as I still do the all important wipe! TMI?....sorry bout that!

9 comments:

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Love this post. I have a 2 yr old that still is not potty trained. Coming home at 15mo undergoing a lip repair and palate repair did not help things. She is getting better though!
Kathy in Ak

Lost and Found said...

E peed on the floor last night and danced in it. OY! I am digging Paisley's knickers

Calico Sky said...

You are raising your children so "british" it always makes me chuckle, most people I know (not all but most) here are trained between 18-24 months, whereas most of my Canadian friends kids are 3 or older!

Let me know if you ever want me to send any. I have an M&S just around the corner!

Carrie said...

Andrew at three is still in a pull up at night, oh I dream of the day when I have to buy no more pull ups!

The Carew Family said...

I just wanted to let you know that Hanna Anderson has panties for little girls in size XS. My 18 month old niece was here last night and she was wearing a pair. That's right 18 months and potty trained! I can't get my 3 yr old son to even think it may be an OK idea!!

J said...

Z is right there too. She's been wearing "big girl panties" for a couple hours every weekend morning. We'd do it all day, but we haven't been home all day yet since this started. The biggest deal though is that she has even started using the potty at preschool--something she's strongly resisted until the last couple weeks.

As soon as it's a little warmer, we'll be having lots of outside naked time & we'll have that girl potty trained in no time!

BTW - Gymboree's 2T panties are the only ones I've ever found that will stay on Z's teeny little bottom.

Lost and Found said...

We watched Peppa all day today home sick. Cute show, cuter knickers

Michele said...

These are adorable. Do they make a style for little boys and where can I get some if they do? Potty training is right aroudn the corner for us.

bytheriver said...

Yep - went to Marks and Spencers in Edinburgh, wish I could go there on a regular basis.