15 February 2009

I WANT ONE!

I do...I really do...and just so you don't think I'm some kind of Stepford wife that loves to vacuum and do laundry(snort), I'm not, and my loving husband will attest to that quite vehemently!

For our 9th Anniversary, this is what I want...I don't want jewels and baubles...clothes, shoes, flowers or wine...I just want a clothesline. Does that make me weird?

I know a lot of communities don't allow outside clotheslines due to the aesthetic issues they have with them, but honestly, I think we are going to have to rethink this tactic and consider the environmental impact of air drying our clothes as opposed to using electricity.

This is the Hills Hoist 400

I think the investment will pay us back within the year!

p.s. I wonder if that guy comes with the clothesline?

9 comments:

Carol said...

I want one too, just need to figure out where to put it so the dogs don't run off with the clean clothes.

Carrie said...

Great idea- I wonder how much electric we can save by doing this?

Patricia said...

I laughed out loud when I saw this, because this is the clothesline I grew up with! It was in my basement, as the outdoor line was strung across the yard & it was awesome!! Whites were whiter due to the bleaching of the sun & the smell...OH the smell!! Fresh & outdoors & wonderful!! Living in an apartment I really miss it!

I used to hang my clothes outside in the backyard when we lived in the 'burbs & all my friends made fun of me...yet, they ALWAYS complimented how fresh my laundry smelled! lol!

So, no, you are not weird, or a Stepford wife, cause if you are, than I am too! lol!!

Here's to sunbleached, fresh-smelling laundry!!

park it said...

ok really we just want the guy who hangs the clothes and does the cooking and does the ironing and does the shopping and does the dinner - oh am I living in Fantasy Land!!!

Chelley said...

hehhee we have one that is now a FOOT shorter because at Kagens birthday party the boys thought it would be fun TO PLAY ON IT!!!!

Chelley said...

Yeah well you will be doing your BIT for GREENING the world!!!

Dont think the guy comes with it!!

Michelle said...

When I first clicked on this post and saw the picture(before reading it), I thought to myself "I want a cute guy to hang my laundry up for me too". Heh.

J said...

If that makes you weird, then you're exactly as weird as I am. I love my clothesline!

Diane said...

My mother had a clothesline in the backyard and in the basement. Largely, because she was too cheap to use the dryer. I always had to hang the clothes out. Man, I never want one!!