09 March 2009

My Dads' truck is better than your Dad's truck!My Dad is a car guy....from the time I was a wee kiddie until today, my Dad has loved cars, trucks and all things with chrome and whitewalls! Today Dad sent me a few photos of the 'project' he has been working on for the last few years...boy it's cool...but then again, so is my Dad! My Dad is a details guy...details details details! I just love the color Dad, well done! Now, if it was back in the 70's all the neighborhood kids would have piled in the back and headed down to the waterfront for fish & chips...no seatbelts required!
I remember an old green truck we had when we were kids...just seeing photos of this one made me remember the fun times we had when we were kids.
Dad's also a bit of a garden freak...having transformed a few acres of land into one of New Zealands most famous tropical gardens in less than a decade. Here he is with one of his 'babies'...a bromeliad, he's a bit of a pro in the bro' department...creating all sorts of fancy new ones....(no, he does not work for the CIA, this isn't 'Meet the Parents', he actually DOES love plants!)
I miss my Dad terribly, we don't get back to to New Zealand very often, I hope to take the girls next year if we can manage it. I miss seeing my family, the kids really are missing out on having WONDERFUL grandparents by living so far away. Grandad Pete & Nana Jocelyn, and Nana Rosemary are our KIWI family, we miss them, and all the cousins and Aunties and Uncles too.
BTW..New Zealand rocks in March...ROCKS!

2 comments:

Lost and Found said...

Awesome!!!!!

Cavatica said...

That is one cool truck!