23 March 2009

RAINDANCING
So...we are back to the 'official' Spring forcast, snow, rain, more rain, snow...get the drift? Sometimes we get a few 60 degree days that lull us into believing winter is REALLY over, but we're just kidding ourselves, Winter is never really over until June!
In the mean time, the snowflowers had fun playing in the 1/4" puddles that formed in the cul de sac, they were pretty measly puddles, but the girls did not care...they threw themselves into puddle jumping like it was an Olympic sport!
Big Snowflower shows little Snowflower her technique
the downhill gutter stomp
'breakin' the pavement stomp'
note: we have several names in our house for rainboots...I call them 'gumboots' because I'm from New Zealand, Mike calls them 'rainboots', and sometimes Piper calls them 'Wellies' because she watches Charlie & Lola...okay, sometimes I call them 'wellies' too. We have as yet to call them galoshes, which is another word for them...hmm...I like that one, it rolls of the tongue!
There it is...new word for rainboots...GALOSHES

6 comments:

Joan said...

Love the descriptions... Keep on puddle jumping girls.

:-)

Patricia said...

Nothin' beats the joy of puddle stompin'! Great action shots!

Ahhhh...the elusive spring...we're sitting here in 30-somethin' degrees with 25mph winds...yuck.

Lisa and Tate said...

Wow.. Piper can really get some air with her jumping! So cute..

Comment on the previous post.... I want a petticoat too!

Michele said...

I don't know of any kid that doesn't love jumping in puddles, especially mine.

Kelly & Todd said...

Puddle jumping is just the best, and I loved how you captured the "in-the-air" jumps. Those pictures made me want to run out and find a puddle of my own.

-- kelly :-)

Maia said...

THese are such great photos!! I love them, and so does Q