15 January 2009

BEER-Y CHRISTMAS from COLORADO

This is Mike's idea of the perfect Christmas tree! Nothing more festive than a tree made out of 'Fat Tire' cans! When we were in CO we made a side trip to Ft Collins to have the Mountain Buggy (I bought one of Craigslist) serviced by the Distributors. To make a long story short, Mike heard 'Ft Collins' and said "Great idea, we should stop at the New Belgium Brewery while we're there" this in fact was a brilliant plan and we actually had a wonderful time there. This particular brewery makes some of Mike's favorite beers, including 'Fat Tire', they are also one of the most desirable workplaces in the country, coming second after 'Google' in Outside magazines best places to work guide. I even tried a few brews, not being a beer drinker I had low expectations, but I found THREE beers I didn't just like, I thought they were awesome! Who knew?

my handsome groom enjoying his 'Sampler'

my 'Sampler' was a bit more 'girly' but hey, I'm a girl, there's no shame in drinking 'girly' beers!

This was also the scene of Paisley's first 'beer injury', yep, you heard correctly...my little one had her first alcohol related injury...you know, where I'm from we don't freak out about alcohol like the Americans do, it's part of life so it never really becomes an issue, kind of like the French and Italians....but this was more of a Beer Vat meet child's skull issue as opposed to a consumption thing, lets just say....exit stage left during the 'factory tour'...there are however photos of the bruise to prove her injury to those who doubt it's origins.

We were also lucky enough to get the Mountain Buggy serviced, new treads installed and a few clips replaced in quick smart time. Not bad for a side trip eh.

2 comments:

Yoli said...

I am cracking up at the Christmas tree!

James Michael said...

Ohhhh Mr.Ronan is SOOO jealous of your jaunt to the brewery. So so so jealous.