15 January 2009

Is everybody ready for a Fancy Nancy Party?
This weekend we are having Piper's fourth birthday party...it's themed of course...a FANCY NANCY party of monolithic (fancy for large) proportions! The house is packed with all manner of things that could be construed as 'Fancy' or 'Posh' in little girl terms! Swags of tulle adorn the dining room chandelier, as do iridescent butterflies and faux pearls. Favor bags festooned with glittery goodies and delicious chocolates are placed up high(just in case some sticky fingers think they can raid the booty early! All there is to do is hang the curtains in the dining room, assemble some of the store bought food (you have got to be crazy if you think I'm making party food at this point!), pick up the cake and balloons and finish off preparing some of the party games. I laid out the table to see what it would look like and frankly I think it looks pretty snazzy(old people talk for great).

I cannot wait to see Piper's face on Saturday morning! We have a few surprises in store for her before the party starts..including a secret trip to the salon for Fancy Nancy hair...perhaps some curls, a few bright pink extensions and a lot of glitter! I sure hope she likes her cake...I ordered two small cakes from our local bakery one 7" and a 6"...I have to place one on top of the other...if the store did it they'd have charged me 'wedding' prices which was frankly too 'fancy' for this Mummy! I would have liked to replicate(fancy for copy) this cake
...but that would have been unimaginably difficult...so instead I'll post it here and drool over it.
and since I'm working my derriere off to get this party off the ground, I thought a happy little working song from Pipers favorite movie would be appropriate

10 comments:

Yoli said...

Hayley it is going to be so much fun and she is going to flip!!!! Beautiful. I do not know Fancy Nancy so I will have to get acquainted with her.

kitchu said...

wish so much i could be there to join in all the fancy fun!!

Anonymous said...

Fancy Shmancy. Have fun!

Carrie said...

Oh that cake loooked so yummy! Hope you all have a great time!

Lee said...

Oh my, I'm feeling pretty humble about my bowling birthday bash, not to mention the cake I plan to order from Costo...

Kidding, and Ellie is so excited about coming. See you tomorrow!

Lost and Found said...

Have a GREAT party. Can't wait to see pictures. I've done some cute little girl tea parties with the pearls and all the fancy stuff and it's just so darn precious.

Michele said...

It sounds like everyone is going to have a grand time.

I so wish I was closer. I could have mad that cake for you just as pictured.

Sam said...

Can't wait to see the photos!!!!

Missy said...

Ooh my students love to hear Fancy Nancy! I love her too. I can't wait to see your pics.

Deb said...

Oh how fun! Hope you had a wonderful birthday Piper!!