22 January 2009

ESCAPE FROM CRIBVILLE PENITENTIARY and A NEW BED?
It happened...the munchkin, all 20.5 months of her, has decided that pole vaulting out of her crib is her newest achievement. I'm not ready for this! So..this weekend we will be turning her crib into a toddler bed. Children are so different, Piper was content in her crib until she was three...then we switched to her full sized big girl bed. Paisley on the other hand has been eyeing up an escape route for months. Lets just hope she can stay in her bed at night...yeah, I'm really looking forward to this transition. If that doesn't work, perhaps the contraption above will? Then there is the question, do we make the crib into a toddler bed, or just go straight to the twin bed?
I think I'll try to sell her crib on ebay or Craigslist and buy a twin bed. Sad to see the crib go, I bought it with the intention of turning it into a full bed, but when I got it we were living in a house in Vermont where the bedrooms were much larger, in our current house it just seems to gigantic to turn into a full sized bed. If anyone is interested in an Amish made quality crib with conversions rails for a toddler bed and full sized bed let me know!
Here's the bed I found for Paisley on Craigslist...I haven't bought it yet but we are going to see it tomorrow.add some pretty bedding and voila "welcome to princessland"

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Free-reign Paisley, eh?! Good luck with the transition!

In my book, this & potty training are the worst transitions to go through.

The Carew Family said...

We invested in one of these to keep my youngest one in bed.

http://www.amazon.com/Tots-Mind-Cozy-Crib-White/dp/B00014PLAY

We started using it when he was under 1 but now he is 3 and still uses it and loves his crib.

Diane said...

Sorry I haven't been by in awhile! First of all, the party looked awesome and the cake even more so! The new president is wonderful. And the getting-out-of-the-crib thing is terrifying. I'm secretly hoping A will stay in his little crib til he's 5 or so.

Lost and Found said...

You've GOT to buy that bed or buy it for me and send it here. I wish E would just sleep in HER bed.

James Michael said...

wow..fabulous bed!!! Love love love it! Hayley love your taste and your knack for finding these amazing things!