08 June 2007




BAD DOG!

oh boy...I'm in trouble! this morning I arrived home at 6.30am after a night of baby nursing. I saw Mike for about 37 seconds, just long enough to grab a good morning kiss and give him the mocha I'd picked up for him at Caribou coffee.

I sank into bed knowing Mike would get Piper up & ready for school without incident.

At 9.30 I was woken by a persistent scratch at the bedroom door, clearly our schnauzer Olive needed to let me know two very important things

1. she was bored
2. she needed to go outside because she had found something I shouldn't see and wanted to 'hide' it from me.

The difficulty with number 2. is that I have to let her outside so that she can hide her 'booty', whatever it may be.

OMG SHOCK HORROR SWEATING FEELING DIZZY OH YE GODS NO!!!

Olive had found Piper's doll 'Lil Ollie' and eaten one of it's paws! my moment of panic was replaced shortly thereafter with ideas of just how I will fix this by 12.30pm when I pick Miss P up from school???

Internet...order a new Ollie, after much searching I found her replacement. It will need to be washed, whiskers appropriately matted for it to pass inspection. Okay, now what do we do about our battle scarred friend. Off to the fabric store I go for grey thread. Maybe on the way I will figure out what I will say to Piper about 'Lil Ollie's' accident...she will notice!

This is a big deal for us, Piper has not had an easy time making friends with her soft toys, her build-a-bear 'Charlie' and her Asian 'Penny' doll are relegated to sleeping outside her crib, only Ollie is allowed in the temple of Piper.

palpitations, cold sweats coming back...groan.




Here's a photo of the two of them in happier times, pre 'limb difference'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - we had a friends that would replace their daughter's goldfish 'floaters' without her knowing what had happened. They would immediately flush the fish and then tell her that the fish was at a play date and they needed to pick the fish up from playing with friends. They would take her to the pet store and ask her if she saw her fish. Whatever fish she identified as hers, they would pay for it and take it home from the 'play date'. I am so excited to see there will soon be another Paisley in the world!!

Alana said...

Ok heres a plan. "doctor" the hurt Ollie, make her a cast and tell Piper that she beoke her paw somehow..cover the stump. When th enew one arrives and is apporopriatley matted and "loved" give her that one and tell her Ollie wen tot the doctor and had her cast removed and is all better.. might work!

JMCS said...

OMG! Too funny. You are such a good mommy. I hope it passes inspection. I will stay tuned...

Hugs,
Jonni
:)