14 June 2007



Today I took Piper to see her first movie...'Surf's Up'. It's made a lot of sense that this would be her first movie because my little wahini is is love with all things surf related. Do we live in Hawaii? New Zealand? even California? Nope, we live in land locked Minnesota (you can't count the lakes, it has to be OCEAN to call it surf).

I wasnt sure if she'd be able to sit through the whole 1 hour, 25 mins but she did, and was mesmerized. Apart from an occasional squeal of pleasure she stayed fairly quiet, loved all the songs, and rocked out like any good surfer would. The lovely thing is that movies are FREE until you are three and we went to the matinee so it was a huge $4 for our afternoon of entertainment. The movie was cute. Some humor for grownups, I'd give it a thumbs up for little ones.

Later...

Piper can be very inventive, she told me "I'll be back in a minute okay, you wait here", took off to the garage and came back with her sled, she then promptly threw it into her paddling pool and...well, the picture tells the story.

I do believe 'surfs up dudes'

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Awww....how precious!!!!

Maia said...

That is the best thing I've seen all week!! Thanks for the big smile!

- Maia

Alyson and Ford said...

She is adorable!! So cute! Put a big smile on my face.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

Holly said...

Hi. I'm Holly and our family has also adopted a little girl from China. I recently came across your blog. Piper is absolutely gorgeous. Feel free to check out my blog as well.

www.hollysmeimei.blogspot.com

JMCS said...

Oh my goodness, I just want to scoop up Piper and give her a big hug. She is so adorable!!! I glad that you guys had a great time at the movies.

Hugs,
Jonni
:)

Alana said...

SO FREAKIN' CUTE!
Aloha Piper!
Hang Loose babe!
She definatley has good form!

Unknown said...

That's hallarious!!! Okay, now I've got a bonus square to send you that Piper will like.

kitchu said...

Oh.My.Gosh. I just love her so much Hayley!! Best post I've come back to yet!