06 June 2007



We are almost there, we have 94 squares for our new daughters quilt, we need 62 more to make the same sized quilt as Piper has. We are so excited that so many of you have sent in lovely pieces of fabric, and we hope to receive even more before the end of July. We might have to push the deadline out a bit further, just to give the rest of our friends time to find that 'perfect' piece of fabric.

So far we have fabrics from Australia, New Zealand, Hungary,England and a bunch of States. It's so exciting to see all the different colors and designs...it will make one lovely quilt for Piper's sister!

Here's a poem to inspire you all...

our family is like a patchwork quilt
with kindness gently sewn
each piece an original
with beauty all it's own
with threads of warmth and happiness
it's lightly stitched together
to last in love throughout the years
our family is forever.

now...go get some fabric and send it to us quick!!! It doesn't have to be new, an old shirt you loved but is too small, a skirt that your child wore but is faded or has a hole in it, just something that touches your heart.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Greetings..
Been lurking for a while. I am LID 3/29/07 for my baby girl from China. I would love to send you a couple of "squishes". Email me your address at kyeager000@hotmail.com.

Cheers,
Kim Y
LID 3/29/07 for Megan Jean

Alana said...

beautiful poem..I think I will use it as a thank you card to my family members that sens fabric. IF any of my family members ever send fabric.. slackers!
PS I LOVE LOVE your blog!!
I want to fly to Minneapolis and pinch Pipers cheeks!

Alana

kitchu said...

Rock on sister- 94... thanks to you I'll be able to get over 100! Ha.
Hopefully some friends and family will come through for me too!