28 June 2007

BOOKS FOR AN PING - WE DID IT!



As you know, we are hoping to adopt a child from the 'Waiting Child' program through our agency CCAI. Our agency receives lists every few months with children from all over China. Most of the children are over 12 months old, and often we see children whose files are due to be sent back because no one has come forward as their forever family. I have been watching the journey of one family in our group who have recently opened their hearts to a 12 year old girl who had just a few months before she would no longer be eligible for adoption(due to her age)...I was so taken by the family and their dedication that I wanted to do something 'nice' for their new daughter, something that would help her feel at 'home' with her new Mom & Dad. I thought, a basket of books in Mandarin would be a nice way for her to relax in her new bedroom, so here it goes...lets see if we can raise $200 for a basket of cool books for An Ping! I found a resource for Harry Potter books in Mandarin...how fun!

4 comments:

~Kristen said...

Hi..
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment. Your daughter is beautiful. Where abouts are you in MN? I have a brother in Princeton.

I look forward to reading more of your blog.
~Kristen

Kim said...

What a great idea about the Mandarian books!

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!! Go to my blog to find out about the tag!!

Cheers,
Kim Y
LID 3/29/07 for Megan Jean
Ladybug Kreations
lbkreations.blogspot.com

JMCS said...

What an awesome idea! I think I may have gotten here a little late though. It looks like you have already raised the money. Sorry I missed it. What a nice thing for you to do for your friend and her daughter.

Hugs,
Jonni

K. said...

Oh, I WISH I had seem this earlier. I would have loved to contribute. It seems like you got enough contributions really quickly. Did you order the books yet? If not, I'd be glad to send some extra $ to you via snail mail for an extra book or two.

It must be quite an experience to join a family at the age of 12, and the books will make her new room feel more like home. It will also show her how much everyone welcomes her, to be sure. This is so thoughtful and sounds liek it could be such a comfort to her- something familiar. Let me know if it's too late!