13 June 2007

how pink is too pink?


We are looking at paint colors for Pipers big girl bedroom, we want to transition her into a big bed and new room long before her sister arrives. I want to paint her room P*i*n*k. We are doing a 'shabby chic' style look, with an old bed frame we picked up on ebay and floral pillows and bedding. We even got a fantastic dresser from Craigslist that is blue! I just cant figure out what shade of pink? I dont want it too be too pale and non-existant, yet I am in fear of pepto pink that will make her feel like she is living inside an antacid bottle...so where my friends does one draw the line? When is pink too pink, or not quite enough?

5 comments:

JMCS said...

You crack me up, No, you definitely son't want her "feeling like she is living in an antacid bottle". I persinally love the 3rd pink from the bottom. It is colorful, but not too much. Hope this helps a little.

Hugs,
Jonni

JMCS said...

Sorry, I meant the 2nd one from the bottom, not the 3rd. Sorry,

Unknown said...

A lesser shade is better - you can jazz it up with the darker pink. If you do too much, it will all blend in together - I vote for a lighter pink!

Alana said...

take this from a pro. I painted my room PINK when I was 16. (think pepto explosion..just like you said.) It was very close to the 4th from the darkest on the middle strip. My sage advice is go 3-4 shades lighter than you think you want, and it will be just pink enough. by the way..it took 4 coats of white to cover the PINK, thats how bright it was...

James Michael said...

We have a great Pink in our now half destroyed guest bedroom ruined by the flood. If I can find out the color I will send the name. It's great! Not pepto and not too pale. I think it's perfect. It was here before we were and I think they used all Ralph Lauren paint so I will try to figure it out.