24 June 2007


This weekend, we attended a really fun wedding in St Paul. We had a complete blast. It was our first official 'Piperless' weekend...we made sure she was well taken care of and stocked with fun and exciting games, puzzles, movies etc and in the loving arms of our next door neighbour Bethany.

Mike and I arrived at the church as the bride was walking down the aisle..uh oh.

I had purchased a new pair of shoes for the event, having mostly flip flops, scungy sneakers and a pair of summer slides in my wardrobe. they were the highest ever shoes I have ever worn, and after tiptoeing or shall I say hobbling from the carpark to the church and back, I decided to go back to the hotel before the reception and put on my slides, okay, I know it wasn't terribly 'fashionable', they did have a mini heel so it wasnt a crime punishable by death, just not the skyscrapers I had envisioned I would wear! Good choice Hayley, comfort over beauty!

The reception was at the 'University Club', a grand old building that I think independantly supported marble mining in the last century! The setting was romantic and enchanted, and our table was a lot of fun. The coolest idea was an actual old fashined photo booth set up for the guests to take their pictures, instead of the standard 'guest book'. David & Sarah thought a book of photos of their guests would be better! We thought so too! We made one set for the happy couple and a couple sets for us to take home...this is one of them, the others are not as flattering!

5 comments:

kitchu said...

Glad you guys had so much fun! The pics are awesome too...

Unknown said...

That's a cute idea! It's always good to have a little break from the wee ones. Did you have anything to talk about without her there? :0

Headmeister said...

Found you over at another blog - I've really enjoyed reading your posts, and I busted out in a belly laugh when I saw your gorgeous daughter in a chicken costume... priceless!!!

I've been looking for your LID - mine's 12-29-06... I'll definitely be back for another read... thanks!

Be wel,
Heather
www.diggingaholetochina.com

Headmeister said...

This is TOO weird - my hubby and I just found similar pics of us from a wedding we went to back in 2002! The couple had a business where you could rent all sorts of games and things from them, including a photo booth! At their wedding, they set up all of the stuff and it was like you were at a carnival or a fair or something! Love the pics, they look old fashioned because of the coloring...

BTW - you've been tagged over at my blog!

www.diggingaholetohina.com

JMCS said...

What a fun idea. It's good to hear that you guys had a blast. Your photos are adorable.

So how many times did you call Bethany to check on Piper while you were at the wedding (lol)? :)

Hugs,
Jonni