20 December 2007


Merry Christmas Baby!

We want to send some Christmas cheer to the Orphanage Director and the Nannies who care for Paisley, and since the postage for anything bigger than a small shoebox is astronomical, we have decided to send a Christmas cake from Blessed Kids on behalf of our little sugarplum! Apparently China is starting to embrace the commercial side of Christmas (really?? who'd have thought), so a Christmas cake will be a nice treat for the staff and older children.
We also decided that Piper & Paisley should be giving as they are receiving and we donated a flock of geese to two families in China through Heifer International.
We are so incredibly lucky to be Piper's parents, and I long for the day we will be Paisley's legal Mummy & Daddy (for now we must suffice being her parents in our hearts only). We waited so long to become a family, that not even 1000 Christmas's could give us a greater gift than our two sugarplum fairies.
We also are grateful, and we have decided to donate to Love without Boundaries medical fund. This year we chose to donate to a specific child on their list. Please visit Love without Boundaries and consider one of the children on the medical list, perhaps that would make a good stocking stuffer for someone you love! You can also donate a safe crib to an orphanage for just $52. We could be Santa's elves for a few days.

9 comments:

4D said...

Wonderful organizations and wonderful acts of kindness. You rock!

Keep smilin!

kitchu said...

YOU woman, are my inspiration.
XOXO

Tamara said...

Love Without Boundaries does great work, but it is also such great instant gratification to see what you can do for someone with a (relatively) small sum.

An Orphan Waits said...

What a great idea!! I have always sent birthday cakes through her, but never a Christmas cake, I love it!

redmaryjanes said...

Ok, please e-mail your address. I want to donate to the fund. I know we have a paypal that my husband set up but I just couldn't get him to the blog in time. Things have been nuts. It would really do my heart good to send a little love your guys' way. I want to be a part of bringing your girl home. timnkim@gmail.com

OziMum said...

I love how these organisations help the people that need helping - not lining their own pockets with "admin" fees.

A flock of geese - that's fantastic!!!

Mamacita said...

Yay! Merry Christmas. You make me proud!

DiJo said...

Thank you for all of these GREAT ideas!!!! Blessings to you as you celebrate together. I look forward to running into you at Byerly's with two precious girls soon!!!!!
Merry Merry from down the road!
-Diana & Family

Heather said...

You inspire and challenge me - thank you...truly a blessing. How blessed are Piper and Paisley to learn the gift of giving from early on - I grew up in a home where this was the norm, I still cherish the value placed on giving away and pray that I will do as well in teaching my girls. Sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for Paisley to be in your arms!!

Heather