17 December 2007



Why does a carseat cost more than a car?

Well, maybe not that much, but it sure seems like it, and no offense to my '99 Forester! We were set, we really were...we had a pre-loved Britax coming from our friends in Massachussets, I was so excited! But alas, after much consideration we have decided we need to buy Paisley a newer version, we need extra padding and protection for our little pumpkin pie and the Marathon just aint gonna cut it. This is the Boulevard, it's the shiznit of carseats and it has the right amount of head support and padding for Paisley. (it will work both prior to, and post surgery). I was hoping to get inserts for the Marathon, but we just can't find anyone to retrofit a carseat for a little girl with a cranial mass.

We have done extensive research and it came down to this puppy. oh boy...I think I'm gonna have to call Grandad Pete! I think it is the best option even if it costs more than all my clothing combined.

We have been working very hard with our adoption agency to get some clarifications on Paisley's medical condition for the past week. I've been close to tears a few times today but I know I need to keep it together so that we can do whatever we need to to make sure Paisley gets the diagnostic procedures she needs so that our Doctors in Minnesota know how to move foward. After speaking with FIVE doctors we have determined that Paisley NEEDS an MRI now rather than later. We have requested this through our agency with the condition that we will cover all the costs involved. There is no guarantee that they will comply...but we hope they will. Knowledge is power, and this kind of knowledge could give us the means to make the right kind of choices for Paisley once she gets home.

This post isn't really about the carseat...I'm just researching products to take my mind off our sweet baby. I know Mothers worry unecessarily sometimes, but when you cant be with your child, hold them, wipe away their tears, then you have to do something.

Thankfully Piper just woke up from her nap...my best diversion...off I go

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, I hear the worry & strain in your 'voice'. I hope it helps in some small way to know that my thoughts & prayers go with you.

Stefanie said...

We have that carseat for Jude and love it. Britax's last forever too, so it's sort of an investment of sorts ;)
You're doing a great job, Hayley. That Paisley is one blessed little girl to have a momma like you fighting to get her the best care possible :)

Unknown said...

I am sure this is one of your hardest times in the adoption process - having the face to love, but not the child in your arms. Our prayers for Paisley will not return void. Just keep keeping it together!!

Tamara said...

I know its no guarantee, but our agency is great about advocating for tests as needed, and in regards to accepting referrals, they have never had a request denied they told me. I hope they are able to get Paisley an MRI soon and that it can give you a little information to make this waiting a little easier.