30 July 2007

Always look on the bright side of life...



Last night we saw 'Spamalot'! It was unbelievably funny and was just what the Doctor had ordered, especially since I'd been feeling kind of glum this past week and needed a bloody good laugh. Thank Goodness that I'd had the insight to purchase tickets, oh 7 months ago.

This my friends is no ordinary Broadway performance, this is PURE 100% genius at work!

We went with our friends David & Sarah(the couple who got married in June). We met for dinner at a local St Paul sushi restaurant for dinner before the show, the food was great but sadly the service proved to be almost as comical as the show and we only just got to the theatre in time, another 10 seconds and we would have missed Act I! The show was awesomely hilarious, we laughed and laughed and laughed. I wont give anything away, but you really don't have to be a Monty Python fan to enjoy it! I have to say that it was probably the BEST show I've ever seen, and if you ever get a chance to go, take it!

and my leaving words.....

"I fart in your general direction"

(said with a French accent for authenticity)

5 comments:

Patricia said...

I 2nd that...I am NOT big on Monty Python either, but LOVED LOVED LOVED this show & LAUGHED through it all! Great show! So glad you finally saw it Hayley, I know you've been wanting to see if for quite some time!

Just thinking about it makes me laugh & we saw it over 2 years ago!!

HUGS...
Patricia/NYC

kitchu said...

Oh I have to see this... that line has me hooked...

Maia said...

We have a bad habit of playing "I've got a loverly bunch of coconuts" at top volume, repeatedly, whenever we're drinking wine and feeling silly. I bet our neighbors love it.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Gotta love Michael Palin...

Alana said...

OH OH I got to see it with the ORIGINAL B-Way cast SO AWESOME! ANd we are going to see the tour here in Utah in Sept, Lizzie is SO excited to go too!

..run away! mooooo!