25 July 2007

Order of the Phoenix...



Saw it, loved it.

Not only did I get my Alan Rickman fix, but I thouroughly enjoyed the movie. Ralph Fiennes plays Lord Voldermort like he's been doing it all his life(and only taking breaks to strump airline stewardesses on the side). Helena Bonham Carter did a fine job as Bellatrix Lestrange, she is somewhat typecast into these weird, dark, tragic roles...but I wonder how far they are from her true personality?! I do think Imelda Staunton did a lovely job as the b#*"h Umbridge. I just love the fact that the cast has remained British through the entire series, Hagrid is a gem, Robbie Coltrane is a wonderful dramatic actor, I watched him in 'Cracker' for years. Of course the Harry/Ron/Hermione trifector was in top form. Overall, a great movie experience.

One of my favorite parts was seeing the 'flashbacks' to the first movies, wow have these kids grown! I am so impressed with this series of books and movies, I can't wait to share them with my girls (in about 8 years!).

Now, I wait for the next installment of the Lion Witch & the Wardrobe series of films!

4 comments:

Holly said...

I am glad you enojyed the movie. I loved it. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan myself!!!! And I cannot get over how much older Harry/Ron/Hermione look than in the previous films.

Maia said...

Still haven't made it to the film...but have to say I wait with much anticipation!
I'm with you looking forward to the next Narnia film too - I read the entire Narnia series 12 times in third grade alone - I think that says it all.I was doing overtime with the flashlight under the covers. It's a wonder I still have my eyesight.

Carrie said...

it was great. I had to wait a week due to My brother was in Japan teaching english and said he would kill me if I went without him. Got the new book and every chapter is great great great!

K. said...

I finally got to see it as well! I loved it, too. Any film starring Raplh Fiennes, Alan Rickman, and Gary Oldman is always okay by me! I think I have a crush on all three. Though I was quite disappointed with the stewardess thing. I thought Ralph had more class than that. Oh, well.