23 July 2007

IPOD TICKET SALES SLUMP...PRAY FOR SALES

That's today's headline. I am praying we can sell the remaining tickets in the next week or so...just look at what a cool prize it is....



We're 2/3's of the way to finding a winner...turns out this little fundraising idea was a bit harder than I initially thought. But, ever the optimist I refuse to give up. Our family needs to get creative, we need to figure out how on earth we will manage financing this dream to return to China one last time for our daughter Paisley.

You'd think because we're considered 'middle class' that this would be easy, but like many average families before us, and I'm sure many after us, finding the finances to adopt a child is a harrowing and daunting task at best. Many families like our own foot the bills for fertility treatments and medical testing not covered by conventional health insurances. Some, the lucky few have some form of fertility coverage offered, but most people dont. We, like our peers in adoption are faced with maxing out our credit cards, getting home equity loans, second mortgages, cashing in 401K's to build the dream of a family.

In the past four years we have spent this amount on treatments & adoption expenses...


Porsche Cayenne Turbo cool car, but I know what I would rather have.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

WOW!!! I just know sales with pick up soon!

Ramona said...

I hear you sister! The expenses of adoption and fertility treatments are just ridiculous! And none of it is insured, and there are very few ways of getting any assistance for either. And we are pretty solidly middle class, what do lower income families do? (I guess foster care adoption, but after watching my friends attempt that recently, the thought horrifies me!) So good luck on everything! And just keep telling yourself, the Porsche would lose value the moment it got home, Paisley's value will be priceless the moment she is in your arms!