13 July 2007

...Duran Duran playing 'girls on film' in the background,
or any INXS, Billy Idol or Tears for Fears song your memory hasn't wisely ejected...


The 80's were cruel to us, tragic hair, tragic make up, tragic clothes! Even eyeliner was the enemy! Where was Bobbi Brown when we needed her?! I must have been 17 or 18 here, oh crap, 20 years ago! Back then we wore a lot of sailor inspired Paula Abdul stuff, MC Hammer pants and bright blue eyeliner. A decade best forgotten.



sadly the fashion is back, thankfully not mainstream...I dont think I could cope with another bout of legwarmeritis. Paula Abdul is back too...slightly crumpled and a bit woozey but you would be too if you survived the 80's!

4 comments:

kitchu said...

Oh. THAT is CLASSIC. I had the whole assymetrical, long died blond bangs in front, half of head shaved look in those days. Punker.

K. said...

Sadly, there's still a part of me that thinks the 80s are cool. Especially John Taylor in his eyeliner...and my darling Robert Smith...swoon**

JMCS said...

Foxy Mama! Thanks for sharing. Isn't it fun to go down memory lane? Too funny about Paula.

Hugs,
Jonni

Sophie's Mom said...

You look like Stevie Nicks (did I spell that right??)

My favorite Duran Duran boy was Simon Lebon..