26 September 2008

BLUR

It looks like Mummy will have to eat her words, seems a bedazzler might be in our future? One of the coaches approached me after Pipers gymnastics class to ask me if I would be interested placing Piper into the 'fast track' program when she turns four. I'm not too sure what that entails, but I fear a bedazzler and glitter might be in our future! I'll have to wait to see what this all means, but in the meantime, Miss P is really enjoying her weekly classes and we have no intention of stopping unless she stops enjoying herself. Let me ask you though, just when did my little baby turn into such a graceful little girl?

I guess this is taking my focus away from finding the right school situation for Piper, I'm still hitting roadblocks on getting 'early entrance' to Kindergarten next year. Looks like we might have to wait until 2010 before she will be admitted, until then, we will keep her in activities like gymnastics and Chinese School to keep her stimulated.

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Miss P surely is a special girl! LOVE that photo of her! You guys are doing an AMAZING job!!

park it said...

I had the same challenge with K - bday late Oct - after MUCH pushing I got her in prek 4 - a yr early - but they are only working on one letter a week (ughhhhh) K knew all her letters/shapres/numbers by 2 - now mind you she needs to learn to write the...but I agree - don't want a bored child - Good Luck and keep pushing on!!!
Carol in FL

Tamara said...

Blurry or not, that is a great shot of Piper.

If you need to do other things with her for another year until Kindergarten, while not ideal I know, there are worse things than a reprieve from crazy school supply lists and kids who eat paste and paper in class really. :)

bytheriver said...

Alright for Piper! Melissa is dying to get into a gymnastics class saw this one at little gym and is ready to commute to San Jose (4 hours) to take the class. :) It looks like Piper has really gotten the hang of things quickly. Isn't this like her second or third week?

Snowflowers Mum said...

Piper's been in gymnastics for about 4 months...it's amazing how much they can learn in that amount of time

Cavatica said...

Love that pic! She's fast, furious, and smart. What a combo!