14 September 2008

look whats growing in my garden!
Quite possibly the most unique snowflower in the Universe.
Today I took Piper outside to take a photo for the annual 'Qujiang' calendar. We are lucky to be a part of a wonderful group of families from around the world who have adopted from Piper's SWI/orphanage. Each year one of the ladies puts together a calendar of many of the children. Piper hasn't had the opportunity to wear one of her Chinese dresses in a long time, luckily I had one or two stashed away for moments like this.
If I might say so myself, I think she scrubs up pretty good.

11 comments:

Lee said...

OK, that is beyond cute, really. And she's welcome to come on over and corrupt Ellie any time! I had to laugh at your comment on my last post. You do understand that it was a highly selective list, right? We've spent the day wrestling with the "No -- I do it MYSELF" two-year-old attitude. Always said at the top of her lungs. Sigh.

Sorry we missed you yesterday. We got there at a very soggy 3:45-ish time, and no one was around. What a lousy day, but what a cute farm. Such a shame...

kitchu said...

My god she took my breath away Hayley. I just cannot believe sometimes how much she's grown up. She is stunning, really stunning. And to think I'll meet her in just a few days :O)

Kristy said...

OMG!!! She is beautiful and everytime you post a picture it looks like she has changed and grown overnight. How can we get one of these calendars, I had one 2 years ago but I don't know if it was the same as you are talking about. Another thing if you get a chance go to my blog and read all about my big news!! I am very excited and wanted to share!!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

Anonymous said...

i love that smile.

Debra said...

What a beautiful photo of a beautiful girl!

Carrie said...

What a beautiful little flower.

Juliette said...

Piper is a lovely snowflower! I love this picture a lot.

Patricia said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
She's soooo grown up looking in that photo!!

Mamacita said...

Just too precious!

James Michael said...

Gorgeous! She looks so beautiful, fushia is a great color for her.

Virginia said...

What a beautiful little snowflower!