17 September 2008

Got Melamine?

So I guess it's not just dogfood that has melamine in it...I just got an email from our adoption agency that let us know that the formula Paisley had in China, 'Sanlu' has been recalled for having melamine in it! You thought it was worrying for animals to be eating this!...try finding out your child has been exposed to it! I don't even let my kids eat trans fats(which is one step away from plastic anyway), or coloring, or flavorings..but the truth is she could have been exposed to this little nasty...it's like drinking milk and eating the bloody bottle afterwards! I do happen to think our BPA free bottles were good for something, but if Paisley has ingested 11 months worth of formula with this stuff in it, it would be like eating the contents of my tupperware cupboard which is just plain wrong! This does speek volumes about what needs to be changed with the way foodstuffs are produced in China...very scary! If you dont think you are affected, turn over some of the goods you buy at the grocery store...you'd be surprised how many things are grown, processed and packaged in China! Recently I watched a documentary that stated 80% of China's food/produce would not pass either EU or USA(lower than EU) guidelines! EIGHTY PERCENT! That the contaminants in the soil can be 8-20 times higher than what we consider 'safe'!!! Things must change!
Read more here
Now I have to call the pediatrician to see if a new test is necessary to determine if Paisley has been affected.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh poor Paisley! I so hope she will have no ill effects from it.

Calico Sky said...

This hits into two significant fears of mine, what they are doing to food and formula!

Oh I could get controvercial on this blog, but I won't, I'll email you it instead!

Hope all's ok!

polkadot said...

Ack!

Meghan said...

We just dropped off our urine sample this morning...

Cavatica said...

Oh no! Keep us posted.