03 September 2008

"my extremely most proper first day"


Yesterday was Piper's first day of preschool...well, not her 'offical' first ever first day (she attended pre-school 3's last year for six months)...but...since this is a new school and a new year...this is IT! We had planned to have a nice family breakfast together before taking Piper to school, but Mike's new alarm clock miraculously forgot to beep(turns out our resident rocket scientist set it for 6.15PM, instead of AM!)so we all got up rather late, and ended up getting dressed and fed and out the door in 25 minutes, which frankly is a bit of a miracle if you know us!

Of course, I had to take a few hurried shots of the 'school girl' before departing.
Piper got her Charlie & Lola schoolbag last Christmas and is completely STOKED to be using it at last!!!

I dropped her off, put her thermos of milk in the fridge, helped her with her locker and nametag and she never even looked back when I said goodbye!
On the way to school if she will be doing "adding up and subtracting?" - funny kid.

8 comments:

Stefanie said...

What a cutie-patootie!! I bet she'll take that class by storm... she asked if she'd be adding up and subtracting?!? That teacher better be on her toes with Miss Piper in her class this year!! :)

JMCS said...

Running late or not, she looks great and well-prepared for her first day. Hope it was wonderful.

hugs,
Jonni

Patricia said...

CUTE!!! Watch out PreK...here comes Piper!

Funny, we had the same kind of first day...woke up way too late from our jet lag & RUSHED out the door in 25 minutes as well!

Jill said...

Forgive me for pointing this out, but I am so glad to see that another parent has crooked parts on their daughter's pigtails! If I had a quarter for every person who points that out on Lucy some days, our second adoption would be paid for!! YEAH, you try to do it to a 2 year old!!!!!!LOL!

Sam said...

Too funny! Kieren never looked back at me either! YAY SCHOOL!!!!

kitchu said...

so stinking adorable.. oh my god i can't wait to see her...

Calico Sky said...

Oh hayles it brought tears to my eyes!!!

it's funny seeing a little one not in a uniform after 2 yrs in the UK!

Yoli said...

Can she be any cuter? I love that last shot with her little hands in the air.