12 September 2008

QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Or, you know, maybe someone needs to remind Sarah Palin that Jesus Christ was a community organizer and Pontius Pilate was a governor.”
Noone has said it better lately than my friend Katie...her insight is truly how I feel, and why we should discuss politics as much as possible. Politics can define how we live our lives, how we are perceived by the rest of the world. We have the ability to make the world a better place...by standing up and speaking out, hearing each others views, making commitments and compromises for the better good! It still irks me rotten that the discussion isn't open in this country like it is in the UK and Europe, politics and religion are off the table for so many! What a shame, I've never lived in a place that these topics aren't up for discussion on a daily basis...it's also strange to me that American politics ARE discussed feverishly around the water cooler and dinner tables of millions of Europeans & Antipodeans...but not here...no, that wouldn't be appropriate?

3 comments:

Calico Sky said...

As soon as I read the quote I knew you'd appreciate it. I'll get it on my blog as soon as I can.

Palin is a sure way to alienate even more countries & the rest of the world...the newsweek article and cover photo did the US no favours internationally!

Snowflowers Mum said...

Ninja...you elitist hack. Don;t hide behind a dummy blog address, show us your real colors.

amateurs.

Geez, like I'm going to feel 'warm and cuddly about a person who has not stepped foot outside of the USA...to handle foreign policy...grow a brain and a spine. This just doesnt make sense, the world is laughing at us!

Joan said...

Hi,
One of the parents at the daycare my girls go to is the owner of a cool tshirt shop in St Paul. He made a t shirt at the request of my day care provider "Hockey Moms for Obama" I don't see it on their website yet but its in the store I guess. They are Rebel Ink Baby.

Joan.