13 April 2008

"Lucy I'm home!"
(insert Cuban accent per Dezi Arnez)
Yet another Guangzhou tradition...Lucy's Restaurant! We're kind of 'eh' about Lucy's but it was familiar and reassuring and the beer was cheap. Paisley decided that she was ready for more than just congee...I think we have yet another 'foodie' on our hands. We did enjoy the fish and chips though! The place is swarming with adoptive families, it's a bit surreal, but I guess the call of cheeseburgers ketchup and beer is strong. Yet another snipet of life on an adoption trip.

"listen, I just can't eat anymore congee, do you have a bagel and some lox?"

5 comments:

Cavatica said...

I've always loved grilled cheese sandwiches, but I never quite realized what a comfort food they are for me until Lucy's. I ordered one EVERY time we went. The place was just such a safe haven there. No one tried to sell us anything "pretty baby!!!" and we never had trouble with the menu and it was all so easy. I think that's why we kept going. We loved eating Chinese food and did often, but Lucy's definitely had a call for us.

The Lucky Ones said...

I feel lukewarm about Lucy's, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Cow & Bridge. I plan on going there several times when we are in Guangzhou. I've told people the best place for Thai food is in China. LOL

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I wanna try this place...

kitchu said...

I just wanna be anywhere that's in China with my girl!! Thanks for getting some Paisley pix up, now I feel like I've had a little 'fix' though I admit I'm addicted and can't wait for more!!

mandt said...

Paisley is just so cute! I'm so glad that everything is going well. Congrats!