18 October 2008

baby got bling~a~ling
Yesterday we had to go to the MOA(Mall of America) to find some tights for Piper's Halloween costume. While we were there..I got sucked into the vacuum of Club Libby Lu to get my Snowflower baby blingaling'd! Piper was STOKED and kept telling her sister
"it'll be okay Paisley, it doesn't really hurt, it's like the flu shot"
Paisley didn't really get why she was among the beglittered, but she went with the flow...
"this is cool, I'm cool, I'm hanging with the big girls"
"um, hey, what are you doing....."
"I was NOT expecting that!..I hate you, all of you...yes even you!!"
you want to know how long she cried? about FOUR seconds...yep, that's it...four measly seconds, I gave her a jellybean and all was right with the world! I'd rather do it young than face the 'drama' when she is a bit older. I had my ears pierced when I was 3 and quite honestly I think it was far less stressful on me than it was on my then 7 year old sister!

13 comments:

Patricia said...

TOTALLY agree!! The younger the better! I got Kiara's done when she was 2.5 & nary a whimper from her! In fact, that was the experience that bonded her to the pediatrician! ;)

Now, me, well, I got them done when I was 14, by my cousin who was a nurse...needle & string, that's how she did it...I fainted the next morning when I had to twirl the posts...BUT, I never had an infection or a problem with them & it's been a loooooooooong time! ;)

Lost and Found said...

Ohhhh that poor face but look at those pretty ears. I am SO wanting to take E. I love the pigtail on top of her head.

Stephanie said...

Ah...the power of the jelly bean.

James Michael said...

I want to do it..but I haven't found the courage and I am not sure C will let me turn the earrings as directed. I feel like it may be a wrestling match. I should just buck up and do it for her 3rd b-day. Let me know how it goes with Paisley. Love the bling!

Anonymous said...

That hurt me! Her little face is priceless in those pictures.

Cavatica said...

Do they do them both at the same time? She looks pretty.

Deb said...

Oh poor Paisley....:(

kitchu said...

paisley is such a rockstar... she knows a good jellybean when she sees one :)

Noemi said...

Ohhh poor baby! Glad it was only 4 secs.... The miracle a little candy can do! LOL

J said...

I love the "before" picture -- she looks too cool for school in her rockin Obama shirt with that facial expression. & lovely the sparkly bling too!

Briana's Mom said...

I would love to pierce Briana's ears, but I am so afraid! Bri has one nasty temper! I have to remember the jelly bean thing.

tiffany said...

Yep, the earlier the better. We do it when they are 12 months but before having it done, we watched a few get theirs done and a couple of the 4-5 year olds didnt want their second ear done. Sophie didn't realize she had another ear. LOL Anyhow, a little bite of chocolate made the pain disappear. :) Very cute!

crazylady said...

I'm still preparing myself...
Not ready.
We have to do it twice. The first might go over well, the second, like a house on fire.


She is so pretty though!