05 October 2008

FREE FALLINGLooking back at our trip to New Zealand last year I came across some photos of Mike and my Brother in Law Andrew white water rafting in Rotorua...it was quite the adventure, and I don't think I ever posted any photos of the waterfall drop. The truth is, they rafted over the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world...yup, and they lived to talk about it! Mike wisely kept his mouth closed during the plunge, but to be honest, the water in this river has to be some of the cleanest on the planet but I guess it was more of a precaution to not drowning!
I'm infinitely proud of the adventurous spirit my husband has, and I hope that as my girls traverse through life that they too embrace the desire to jump in the deep end...even if their Mum is sitting on the sidelines with heart palpitations! Life is meant to be an adventure.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they kidding? That looks seriously dangerous.

Kelly & Todd said...

OMG!!! What amazing pictures, and what an amazing adventure. My heart just stopped looking at those shots. Thanks for sharing.

-- kelly :-)

kitchu said...

oh that is so cool!! i had no idea mike had it in him, but it doesn't surprise me- :O)

insanemommy said...

Crazy dudes!

Patricia said...

WOW!! Great photos!!! I admire that spirit...especially when it comes to water!

Great post & I TOTALLY agree! :)

Mamacita said...

Ho-Ly Crap!

I went on a Class 4-5 and it scared the dooky out of me. That looks like pure insanity!

Maia said...

Holy cow! Go Mike!!!
And look how calm and composed he is!
Here's to the spirit of adventure, may your girls enjoy the same!

Melanie said...

That looks awesome! I would be too chickenshit to do that, but I could see John doing it. He and Mike need to take a field trip together to do something.

Calico Sky said...

Pure Brilliance!!!

James Michael said...

NICE!! So jealous of the fun!!

Heather said...

Oh my! That is awesome! But, there is no frickin' way I would ever do that!

Diane said...

Kudos to Mike. Looks terrifying to me!

I"m pretty much a wimp and would never do that. I went kayaking once just to prove that I could do it. I have no reason to ever do it again!

But, like you, I hope my child grows to have a sense of adventure.

Kristy said...

Are you kidding me????? That looks so scary but I just have to show my husband and daughter, they would absolutely love that!!!!

Love and blessings, Kristy