11 October 2008

LOOK WHO IT IS!
Maia & Flynn, Mike & Piper, Jen, Ben & Ellie
I borrowed this photo from my bloggy pal Maia...whom Mike & Piper were lucky enough to meet today at another bloggy mates home in Denver! Piper and Mike went to Jen's daughter Ellie's birthday party today and someone snapped a photo of my husband with my friends! hey...that should be me! I want to say a big happy birthday to the beautiful miss Ellie, and also wish Maia's sweetie Flynn good luck on her surgery on Tuesday..we will all be thinking of your family for the next few weeks as Flynn recovers.
I'm surprised Mike and Piper actually made it to the party in one piece, Piper didn't transition well from her morning activities of visiting the circus to her afternoon activity...the party, apparently(directly from Mike) she had a wee bit of a breakdown in the car on the way...lack of nap, too much fun? all of the above. so puffy eyed and slightly bedraggled she managed to pull it together for Ellie's party! Early to bed tonight I think!
BTW..these gals are two of my favorite bloggers & fellow Democrats! Gotta love that!

3 comments:

Patricia said...

How COOL is that?!? Sounds like Piper is having a blast...hey, anytime they forego the nap, despite the meltdowns, you know they are having so much FUN!!

P.S. I "tagged" you on my site ;)

Maia said...

Good times. Your husband is awesome. Flynn had an antisocial morning too, and had a mini-fit in front of the granparents. Very unusual for her. Must be the weather...I'm spoiling for a tantrum myself!!

J said...

Piper behaved herself beautifully here! She was shy & stuck to Mike like glue at first, but after that she got down & had a snack & played with the kids, and later helped open all the presents.

M & I both wished we had more time to talk to Mike. M was on the run chasing kids & making sure no one sustained a serious injury, while I was busy making margaritas. We'll have to have a lower-key get-together next time you're ALL in town.

Yes, ALL of you! Hayley, you should have been here! It was lovely to have Mike & Piper, but we missed you!